Things to Keep in Mind when Choosing the Right Cloud Computing Platform for Web App Development
The cloud computing world matured significantly last year. Today, cloud-native computing is beating the heart of enterprise IT. The industry’s ecosystem continues to quickly evolve, and new trends are set to arrive by the end of this year and in the coming years.
By the end of this year, it’s expected that more than 80 percent of the whole enterprise will be in the cloud. Today, the development of cloud solutions has become a part of web app development processes. Different service providers and organizations are finding cloud solutions for application development.
Today, data storage could be categorized as one of the key priorities in all industries. There’s been an unparalleled rise in computer and mobile users in the last couple of decades. Whatever the size of your business, the main goal here is to thrive on data and make accessible storage at a reasonable rate.
Not every enterprise could afford to spend a big sum of money that goes into purchasing and maintaining hardware. Having a robust IT support and big storage hub is now a necessity for a brand to survive in the tough competition. This is where web app cloud computing comes into the rescue as an option that’s more affordable.
With a lot of custom software development providers offering cloud solutions, choosing the one that best fits your requirement could be daunting. The web, fortunately, provides numerous information on which solution suits your web app development requirements best.
Cloud Computing Upsurge
Nowadays, web apps cloud services are becoming more and more popular. Businesses that have adapted to the cloud solutions for their web app development requirement witnessed about 2 to three times more revenue growth. Furthermore, they could also cut to half the total costs simply by opting for cloud apps.
This adds to the list of robust reasons why many companies nowadays are switching to cloud-based development from their one-premise app development.
Cloud-Based Apps Are Better — Why?
- Scalable. Cloud-based solutions offer scalability on demand, which could be truly convenient in the event that the business doesn’t plan on supporting some app features and thus requires lesser resources for software and hardware.
- Security of Data. With a cloud platform, you’re guaranteed data security, since they’re obliged to protect the valuable information of an organization at all costs.
- No backup needed. You don’t have to maintain a back for both the hardware and software used for developing web and mobile apps.
- Rapid deployment. The development and deployment are faster in the cloud, where web apps need not spend extra time installing software and hardware to develop an application.
- Monitor Services. It has the ability to keep tabs of the different services used while working with cloud platforms. This is where you know how much resources and money are spent on a specific feature.
- Remote Access. Worldwide remote access is another plus point for all cloud-based application development teams.
Which Cloud Platform Would It Be?
For your web app development needs, choosing the right cloud platform is not easy. The decision is to know what kind of common cloud services are suitable for you. Let’s dig in.
1. SaaS (Software-as-a-Service)
Could be referred to as software provided over the web as mainly a subscription. The solutions could be great when an enterprise suffers from the boundary in the timeline and could not keep up with the deadline set to build the whole structure, including app development and deployment.
– easy maintenance
– multi-tenant distribution model
– lesser cost
– quicker access
– offering continuity
– improved data analytics
– device and location independence
– data control
– contractual obligations
– time-extensive security issue
– data localization
Overall, opting for the SaaS platform could be the ideal choice for a short-term project if you want to find a software collaboration that’s temporary with a certain user base. IT professionals, organizations, and individual consumers all use SaaS products. Examples include CRM systems, web-based email, and payroll apps.
With the SaaS program, you need not install it on on-premises devices, and you need not manage the underlying infrastructure enabling the program.
2. PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service)
The solution offers a software environment for users to build web and mobile apps. This cloud-based service moreover provides effective tools for an accurate software environment configuration, which includes hardware, development, operating systems, and tools for testing.
– more flexibility
– less coding required
– seamless customization
– simple mechanism
– more convenient alternative
– integration challenges
– limited access
– lock-in platform
– app performance that’s suboptimal
Deemed as one of the basic components in building eCommerce websites, PaaS is even chosen by cloud developers since it’s affordable and lightweight compared to others in the market. PaaS however requires app developers to at least have some experience in deploying databases, front-end development, and the project’s business logic.
The same as IaaS, you pay as you go. It includes the infrastructure that IaaS does, but includes components like middleware, tools, business intelligence services, database management systems, and more as well. The development tools could also help hasten coding time because of pre-coded components built into the platform, which include security features, search, workflow, directory services, and so on. The development tools could also be used for different platforms, including browsers, computers, and mobile devices.
3. Infrastructure-as-a-Service or IaaS
Deemed as a cloud service that offers online access to resources, which include storage, networks, and servers for the intent of deploying programs and operating systems. Basically, in this instance, it could be realized via the virtualization process and with no need to maintain your own infrastructure. Put simply, it’s the same as renting a physical server, but only online.
– no administrative problem
– minimum cost in management
– no infrastructure cost
– a pay per use option
– high reliability
– needs a good bandwidth
– limited flexibility
– ongoing expenses
– limited infrastructure control
– issues with security
With this web app development cloud platform, developers in the cloud could get full scalability and control of the infrastructure, along with the highest levels of customization. Several companies that typically require IaaS services mainly belong to the telecommunication and eCommerce fields.
It’s useful for different business apps, which include testing and development, high-performance computing, web hosting, and big data analysis. Its flexibility enables development teams to set up test and development environments fast.
Choosing the Right Cloud Computing Solution—the Considerations
Aside from choosing the right provider for your cloud web app development requirement, there are also several considerations to be able to choose the one that best fits your project.
- The Cost Consideration. For some companies, the price could serve as the key objective in selecting the right solution for your app requirement.
- Data Security. Each cloud service delivers various security levels to developers of mobile apps to protect from security breaches and online fraud.
- Tech support level. Make sure that you have suitable tech support and assistance for app maintenance in case something goes wrong.
- Number of users. Trying to use the service effectively, as the majority of app users often view this as a sign of customer satisfaction and trust.
- Updated policies. Another important consideration is to keep an updated app with the cloud services policies so the software could run smoothly.
The Major Takeaways
Some of the most important major takeaways related to the cloud platforms and solutions for web apps and cloud-based service include the following:
- Medical and banking companies use local data centers for storing personal user information and data.
- Specific standards of security are considered to determine if it’s; the right time to go cloud-based or otherwise.
- There is a huge array of features in cloud computing for your web app development needs.
- Opting for cloud solutions greatly depends on the budget of the project and the business strategy.
- Make certain to run a cost-benefit analysis before finalizing a cloud service or solution for your brand.
- With cloud solutions for your web applications, you could boost your target audience’s user experience.
- With cloud-based apps, the IT field is changing the trends of the organizational culture.
- SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, all three are most suitable options when it comes to cloud computing.
- Additional skills are needed by cloud web app developers to use these services efficiently.
What’s great about cloud computing is that it’s not a proposition that’s all-or-nothing. Regardless if you have servers already as well as an Information Technology staff, you could choose only one app that you think would be served in the cloud better. Speed is paramount in today’s cloud, social, mobile, and big data analytics world.
Cloud computing offers vast benefits to each and every user and organization. The most important thing is to evaluate the potential cost savings but think of the other benefits as well, including more speed, enhanced productivity, and lesser risk. With the cloud, employees would be more flexible in their work practices.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for video tutorials.